Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazbot

MIS
Nov 20, 2000
US
I am a Network Admin that has been tasked with "learning" our BCM 400. I am able to log in to call pilot, etc. via the browser. I need to add a phone/new extension to a new office. Im not sure where to start. Any help is much appreciated.

Crossconnect the phone and it should work, the system see's the phone and type automatically. You then go in and change the name if needed and build the Vmail in CP if needed.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

What s/w Rls?

Acewarlock is correct, but if u need ringing, line assignment, etc setup, you'll need to access pgm.

First step cross connect your set to a port on the BCM.
Second press feature * 0 Intercom on the set to determine the extension of the set.
Third enter programming and renumber the extension to the DN you want.
Fourth perform any other programming necassary, like target line, Call fwd no answer, ring group, name, etc...
Lastly add your mailbox if required.

Thanks. The extension came up as prescribed. My next dilemma is how to tag or name it and get the feature buttons set up like the other phones - call forward, park, etc.). Is there a quick way to copy the setup from another extension and then name the extension? I'm clueless here.

Just do a copy from a set that is right and then make any changes that aren't right.

when you say "copy" do I do this through call pilot or through the keys on the phone? I looked through the call pilot options and cant find where one would do this.
Thanks for your help.

That is going to be done through system programming. If you are copying using Element Manager for 4.0 there is a key below the list of extensions and when you paste to a new extension you can choose the options to paste. To copy using 3.7 or lower at the top of the Unified Manager administration tab. If you are using Telephony programming, when you select Terminals and Sets, show the set that you want to be your source and press the copy softkey.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

Cp is for making Vmailbox's
EM and/or UM is for programming phones.

Well I've finally got as far as pressing feature,*,*,266344 and nothing happens - no password request. I am using a T316E telephone. Any ideas (aside from hiring someone with a little more experience to work on this)??

Are you doing all this though a phone, why not use the IE Broswer?

Also Nortel doesn't support using the phone to program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back