Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an .exe to a web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

erleichda

MIS
Feb 25, 2003
US
Hi, I need to add an executable to a web page. When I try, I get "Could not load xxxx.exe" (xxxx is the filename). Please let me know, thanks!

What kind of executable? Do you want it to run when the page loads or make it available for download? Most executables that would try to load when the page loads would be viewed as a virus and wouldn't load.

-Volkoff007

Hi, thanks for the response. I don't want it to run when the page loads...I want them to be able to click on a link which causes it to execute. Let me know...thanks!

HTTP (web pages) cannot run executables like you can run them in Windows. Web servers only respond to requests for pages, then dish the right pages out. There are web services and applications that can do almost anything an executable can do, but your users would actually have to download the program before they could run it.

Depending on what you want the executable to do I might be able to point you in the right direction for a workaround.

-Volkoff007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back