Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding an Exchange mailbox in Outlook 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxwk12

IS-IT--Management
Oct 11, 2002
US
I need to add another Exchange mailbox to my boss's Outlook. I already have her mailbox and another person's mailbox in there and they work fine. But I am trying to add another one but when I do, Outlook is "unable to open folder". I tried deleting it and adding it several times but that did not work. I checked the ADUC and nothing was amiss with this account that I am trying to add. Any suggestions?

Windows Server 2003
Exchange Server 2003
Office 2003

Sidney

Have you assigned the rights of this perticular mailbox to your manager. You have to enable "Advanced View" under view in ADUC mmc to view "Advanced Exchange" features tab for properties sheets of that user's mailbox. There you have to assign the permissions. Once done then you will be able to see the contents of this mailbox in outlook. I have done it many times and its really easy. Good luck.

Thanks. That did it !

Sidney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back