Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding alternate print drivers for 2000 machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

egolds

MIS
Aug 29, 2001
US
We are finally adding some W2K machines to our network with 4.0 servers. Our print server has the alternate drivers for 95/98/NT.4 etc. I know that if I select one of the listed alternate drivers in the printer sharing screen I can update/change the driver associated with one of the options. My question is this - How do I add Win2000 as one of the options. I have the 2000 drivers from HP but how can I get it so a user with the 2000 machines can just connect to the printer and get the drivers.

Thanks in advance

Well I have an NT 4.0 print Server and 2000, 98, and ME workstations. I have been using the NT print drivers on the workstations from the beginning and have had no problems. One thing, I did not use the PS drivers for any printer. I have my users run all their printer drivers right off the Server.

I want to correct my last posting. I did not use the PCL drivers for any printers. Only used PS drivers. Sorry for the mistake.

RJBJ, I was using the NT print drivers also, until I started installing Office XP on a few nodes. Now I am manually going to each PC to install the latest Win 2K drivers. Have you got any Office XP installs using the NT drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back