Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding additional partitions to a shared disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqma0

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
GB
Hi.

I have MSCS running on a W2K with SQL 2K and Exchange 2K for testing one of our product. Not a prod system.

I have 3 physical disk in the shared storage via FC.
One disk for Quorum, One for SQL data and logs and One for Exchange logs.

I'm setting up Exchange at the moment and there's only one partition of 4GB on that disk of 16GB

What's the procedure to add 2 additional partitions to that shared disk, so that I can add them as Cluster resources ??

Thanks in advance
Regards
Gaetan

This is not supported. Only one partition per shared disk. Look at support.microsoft.com for further infos!

Regards

You can have multiple partitions on a shared disk within a cluster. Create your new partitions using disk administrator. If the disk has a partition that is currently a resource in your cluster you will need to remove the disk resource. If it is your quorum resource read about how to config your quorum as a local resource. This will be done temporary until you get your new disk resource online. After you have created your new partitions - for example Disk2 - d:drive, e:drive, f:drive create a new physical disk resource in your cluster that points to Disk2. It should show up as D:drive E:drive F:drive under one resource.

It can be done... It is one physical disk so all three partitions are bound to that resource.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the replies.
In the end, I configured 3 individual RAID5 vols instead of 1. It's only a test system anyway.

Tek-tips is really great. Thanks again.

CHeers
Gaetan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back