Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a UDP number

Status
Not open for further replies.

kempy4321

MIS
Sep 16, 2004
US
Hello.
Could someone tell me how I can add a new UDP routing number? I need to point one of my PBXs to a new trunk group I just made. I know how to go in and do a cha udp, and enter the udpcode, but I don't know how or where those codes were initially setup.
(G3si v9)

Thanks.

The UDP codes are essentially made up since they are later deleted in the route pattern. Just follow the current pattern used by your PBX. If you have udp's 111, 112, 113 for example, do a "change aar 111" and see what codes are defined and pick the next number (maybe 114 in this case). Add an aar entry for 114 pointing to a new route pattern you have created which points to the new pbx. Then change the UDP table to steer whatever extentions you want to UDP 114 -> route pattern X -> trunk group Y -> PBX Z.

-CL

There they are, I see them in the AAR. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back