Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding a trunk line

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutroad

Technical User
Oct 25, 2006
US
While troubleshooting for a 'dropped call' problem on our incoming trunks, I discovered that we had two incoming lines that were not even connected to the system. I added them to vacant tn's, matching the programming of other identical trunks. Our existing 9 trunks show up on the attendant console as 7105-1 thru 7105-9, and I added the route of the new TN's as 5 10 and 5 11. When I dial these numbers direct from the outside, they do not ring to the front desk, however the lines do show as "busy" when I stat the card at the same time. What do I need to do to make these lines ring to the attendant console? I have searched and have not found what I need. Thanks for your help.

Matt Williams
Maintenance
Mesilla Valley Hospital
Las Cruces, NM

If you built them identically what I'm going to suggest might not help but it will give you a better understanding of how things work in general.

Take a look at the route to see if AUTO is set to YES or NO. If it's set to NO then calls to those trunks should terminate on the console. If it's set to YES, then each trunk will have an auto-terminate DN assigned. This is a number that incoming calls will ring to. Some people (I do this) terminate their trunks on an ACD queue to make moving the point of termination easier. Then you assign the NCFW prompt to whatever DN you want the trunks to terminate on. To change all trunks' point of termination you only need to change the NCFW prompt in the ACD queue.

Don't get confused by the term auto-terminate. You would think AUTO YES would mean they automatically terminate on the console but it's the other way around.

I'm also reading into your post that you are STATing the trunks, perhaps in LD 32, to see if they are busy when you call in. I assume that means when you are calling it you are hearing ringing. Try a trace in LD 80 on the TN or the customer/route/member to see where it's terminating to. That might help out a bit.

V

I think I found the problem, in ld 21, i ran an 'ltm' on route 5 and i notice at the end of the last two 'members' there is no COT, and these are the two that don't work. How do i fix this? It seems as though i've successfully added them to the system, the system just isn't recognizing them for what they are!

REQ: ltm
CUST 0
ROUT 5

TYPE TLST
TKTP COT
ROUT 5
DES COT
TN 003 0 00 00 MBER 1 COT
TN 003 0 00 01 MBER 2 COT
TN 003 0 00 06 MBER 3 COT
TN 003 0 00 02 MBER 4 COT
TN 002 0 00 01 MBER 5 COT
TN 002 0 00 02 MBER 6 COT
TN 003 0 00 03 MBER 7 COT
TN 003 0 00 04 MBER 8 COT
TN 002 0 00 03 MBER 9 COT
TN 003 0 00 05 MBER 10
TN 002 0 00 05 MBER 11

Your help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Matt

Print TN 2 9 and out TN's 3 5 and 2 5. then rebuild them the same as 2 9 and just change thr RTMB to 5 10 and 25 11.

LD 14
REQ NEW
TYPE COT
TN 3 5
RTMB 5 10

If it still doesn't work after doing the above, then print a TNB of 2 3 and 3 5 so we can see them.

Matt,

Don't worry about the COT you see at the end of each member entry in the LTM. That is from the DES prompt and does nothing with regard to functionality. As you see in the LTM printout, the top DES COT comes from the RDB. Then each line shows information from the trunks themselves. This shows that you may not have copied everything exactly.

Did you try the trace I suggested in LD 80? Did you look to see if the trunks are auto terminating?

Send a printout of TNs 3 4 and 3 5 if you don't figure it out.

is that route AUTO YES? if so the att dn needs to be the ATDN on the trunk. that is all it takes to send it to the att.. are they all loop or ground start?

problem with your 1st two post.. you added them on tn's 5 10 and 5 11? that's a xut card... 8 ports.. they are members of route 5 members 10 and 11 but the ports are 3 5 and 2 5.. are they cross connected right?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back