Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Trunk Group Question 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcomwork

Technical User
Mar 2, 2002
US
I'm trying to add a trunk group adn when entering a TAC the pBX tells me to check the dialplan. What should I be doing? I don't see the other trunks TAC in the dialplan.

Thank you,
Jeff

I just found a few I could use, but for future reference where do I define the TAC in a dialplan when creating a trunk group?

Another question is where can I find the other Trunk Groups TAC in a dialplan or table the switch looks to?

You cna display each trunk group and find the TAC for each one on the first page. You can also find then under "ch dial ana". These may be listed as dac in the dialplan.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Do you have any other trunk groups in the system? If you do, try to pick a spare entry for your new trunk group. If there are no spare TACs or no other trunk groups you will have to modify the dialplan. Depending on you switch version you will have to do either a 'change dialplan' or 'change dialplan analysis'. Change an entry to 'TAC' with your required length (2, 3, or 4 digits). On the trunk group form 'the 'Dial Access' field should be 'n' unless you want people to pick the group without going through ARS.

Kevin

list trunk

will give you a summary of the TAC's

BuckWeet

So if I were adding a new trunk group adn defining a TAC I would need to make sure it corresponds with the dialplan?

One of the TACs I'm looking for is 209. I don't see it in "disp dialplan" or "dis unform". Anyone else have an idea where I define a TAC before assigning it to the Trunk?

Thanks for all your help.

I think I see how to define TAC for trunks. I'm running V9 and in disp udp 2 I see all the TAC have NotInDp. However I can't assign "NotInDp" to add more to use for TACs?

How do I create more NotInDP to use for Trunk TAC in the UDP?

Thanks again all!

You should just be able to define this in your dialplan. Type "change dialplan analysis.
In here you should have a "2" under the Dialed String, "3" under Total Length and "dac" under Call Type. (See example below).
Then just use a 3 digit code to the trk grp that is not already being used.

Dialed Total Call
String Length Type
0 1 attd
1 1 fac
2 4 ext
3 4 ext
4 4 ext
5 4 ext
6 4 ext
7 4 ext
7 5 ext
8 3 dac
9 1 fac
* 3 dac
# 3 fac

i am assuming you have a release 9.x switch ...
the command to display dial plan is
display dialplan
it will look like this ...
Digit - 1 - - 2 - - 3 - - 4 -
1: misc
2: misc
3: misc
4: misc
5: misc
6: misc
7: misc
8: misc
9: fac
0: extension
*: fac
#: fac

you need to look for a dac code ...
if you do not see it in yours ...
then it is hidden in misc ...
the command for see the misc is ...
display second 1 or any number that has the misc
and look for dac with the number of digits

The NotInDp is normally seen in list udp or display udp and it simply means that you have not defined it in disp or change dialplan command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back