Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding a Toshiba eStudio 351c as a scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

theannihilator

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
PLEASE HELP!!! my co-worker and i are trying to hook up the MFP listed in subject line as a scanner but the install cd installs a proprietary twain driver and the printer drivers and will not install it as a scanner. We are trying to use it with a document and image management software. the os is Windows 2k3

If it is installing the twain drivers, you should be able to use the scanner.
In your application, if you go to something like import image from or whatever option you have for a scanner, it should be able to use the scanner. You may just need to select the twain device first from within the application.

Finally able to get on the phone with a toshiba dealer. Found out that the twain driver for the MFP is a proprietary driver and it will not be able to be used to install as a scanner.

Hey, do the scans go into a share on the mfp? i believe the top access software which you can browse to by the copiers ip will disclose those folders.

You may be able to change the folder direction to a share on your network.

Is your dealer mad at you?!!

i talked to a toshiba dealer and they told me that the MFP cannot be hooked up to the computer as a standard scanner

Just had a bit of a look around & it appears that the dealer is right. By the look of what I could find out, you can use the 351c as a printer & fax machine, but not a scanner. Not very good really, when you think, it has the technology there but you can't use it. We have a Canon colour copier at work & we are able to use that as a scanner over the network, if we wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back