Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a second power supply to an H70. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2002
US
Has anyone done this before? Is it a matter of just putting the power supply in and rebooting the server?

You should not have to reboot.

IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Obfuscation

Yegolev, thanks for the reply. Basically, once I place it in and plug it in, I should get a solid LED, not a flashing one, correct?

Been a while, but I believe so. The IBM CE often does a whole bunch of unimportant junk, but none of it involves configuring a device. The important thing is to not leave the hole open for more than five minutes.

If it acts "weird" I have some spare H70s I can test on, but not until next Tuesday. Five dollars says you are fine.

Well, basically the new power supply is in, but the LED is flashing, and no fans are turning. I guess I'll have to schedule the test that IBM recommends to make sure the power supply is good.
The machine was down when I first installed it. It was not recognized by the system. I also pulled the plug on the primary power supply, and received an error on the LCD of the CPU.

I assume you are pretty sure that the power cable you are using for it is hot. Otherwise I don't have any advice other than see what IBM says. Good luck.

Normally you don't have to reboot,just plug it in , and it will work.But if you want to make the psu visible to AIX, you will have to reboot ( had the same problem with our P630's )

Regards,

R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back