Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a redundant CP to Nortel 8610 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnaik

ISP
Dec 17, 2002
PK
Hello All,

Can any one guide me to adding a redundant CP to Nortel 8610 Core Switch.

--
Faisal Naik

Ensure boot and runtime images are the same.
Copy boot/runtime img's on PCMCIA card and us this to transfert the files on the new card then to flash the new bootimg reboot the card with "boot [bootimage]".

Copy boot.cfg and config.cfg to the second SF modules flash memory.
Reboot the new module now it should be in stanby mode with the correct configs.

b.r.
Willy

thanx for the input. I have configured the slot 6 as the master cpu. Do i have to define the l2 redundency as well ?

Regards,

Faisal Naik

faisal pls do any more job let itleave this job

I like the new savetostandby bootconfig flag, which will cause config changes to be sync'ed between the primary and secondary CPU modules. Its also worth double-checking that your timezone and other clock settings are the same on both CPU modules.

I haven't ever used it, but I think the ha-cpu bootconfig flag is what enables full l2 redundancy. I seem to remember that there are specific things you need to be aware of when running in ha-cpu mode so be sure to read all of the release notes and other documentation for your software release.

As I understand it ha-cpu provides l2 redundancy in the 3.5 code branch, and l2/l3 redundancy in the 3.7 code branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back