Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a record via a seperate form

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenlon

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
US
I have a pageframe setup with 2 pages. The first page is a grid with all the records showing. The second page shows all of the specifics about the record that was selected on the first page. The second page was also created by the VFP wizard, and therefore has the standard button et with Next, Prev, Top, etc. What I want to know how to do is to add another button on the first page that will take the user to the second page that is reached whenever you click "add" from the standard wizard command buttonset. I hope I have been clear enough and am curious as to why this seemingly simple task has avoided me thus far.

Ok, that helps, but it's still not quite how I want it to be. Now when I click on the Add button, it does switch over to the second page and bring up blank fields to be entered, however now I need a button on the 2nd page to save the changes, I assume I can do the same thing that I did the first time? Just put a control on there that says Save and tell it to set the activepage to 1 and do default?

What would help me a lot more is to understand what is going on when I click those buttons, instead of just using the wizard standard buttons, actually being able to see the code that is executed each time I click on Add or Save or Edit, is there any way I can see that?

You can open up the class browser (Tools->Class Browser), then use the Open File button to navigate to the Wizards folder off the VFP folder. There's a class in there called wizbtns.vcx you can take a look at.

Don't even think about modifying or customizing the class until you have a firm grasp of VFP, classes, and even specifically that class and what goes on with inside. There will definitely be a trickle-down effect.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

I am not planning on modifying that specific class, if I was going to do anything I would make a new class, copy over the code, and then start changing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back