Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Note from a txtbox to a record

Status
Not open for further replies.

WantoN

ISP
Jul 4, 2005
GB
Hi guys,
I'm setting up a database whereby a user can query a database for company information and employee details (in two seperate subforms) and then add notes to the company details if the user wishes.

The company is selected via four combo boxes, Company Type, Area, Postcode and Name. After this, the relevant details are displayed in the two aforementioned subforms.

I'm unsure as to how to enter the notes from the txtbox. Thus far I have the following in the AddNote cmdbutton for the txtbox:

Company.notes = [Forms]![ContactLookup]![txtLookupAddNote]
subCriteriaCompanyInfo.Requery
txtLookupAddNote = ""

But presumably because I haven't specified the company record, this will not work. So how do I go about specifying the company selected via the combo boxes?

Thanks guys,
Antoni

The way I would accomplish this would be, to place an update event, to do a dlookup for the PK of the company table for the relavant record and then use this in your notes.

If you could supply some details on structures etc I might be able to give some more detailed info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back