Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Non-Host Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

nQziteev

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2001
US
I have a company that has an exchange server hosting their own domain, domain1.com. They were bought out by another company, and want to receive/send email under the new domain, domain2.com. The new domain, domain2.com, is not going to be hosted on this server, as the main server is at the company's headquarters. If I add the domain2.com as a host, they are unable to email anyone at HQ. How should I configure Exchange so that it accepts email for domain2.com and sends email out under the new default domain2.com smtp email addresses without it being considered a host?

I forgot to mention that they will continue to host and receive email under their old domain1.com domain, so I cant remove the old one.

You add a contact under users and computers and enter the domain2.com smtp address in the address box.

Doomhamur
Network Engineer

"Certifications? we dont need no stinking certifiaction."
yahoo IM handle: greater_vortex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back