Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Night Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guntha

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
US
Hello,

We have an automated attendant answering incoming calls. Presently, if a caller presses ‘0’ for the operator it goes to our Guard Station. This is fine for at night time but during the day we would like to set up one of our Executive Assistants as the “operator” option while using the Automated attendant.

We have a Nortel M2250 for our Console, and a Nortel Meridian Option 11 as our PBX. I was unsure if I should use the M2250 Console to set up an additional Night Service or if I use the PBX to do this. We would also like to have a backup for the EA in case she is off that particular day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

You can only have one night service on console how ever you can use time of a day on your menu and route the calls that way.

Are you using CallPilot or Meridian Mail for your AA? If so, I would set up time of day schedules where Menu xx will be in service between 8am and 5pm and then Menu yy will go from 5pm until. Menu xx "0" out will go to the extension of choice or console while Menu yy "0" out goes to the guard station.

War Eagle!!

You can use the M2250 in the opt 11 and have 4 different timers to set up night service with. That is set up in the Customer Data Block, specifically NIT_DATA. NIT1 and TIM1, NIT2 and TIM2 etc.
This will route your calls that go to the console under normal circumstances. However this will not help if the EA is out as stated. the option there would be for either the EA to forward her phone elsewhere or make the nit1/2/3/4 go to an unmanned phone set up to forward calls to the appropriate number. In emergency situations this might be quicker to alter than reprogramming in voice mail.

Thanks for all the repsonces, we are using Call Pilot as our AA.

trvlr1, would you happen to have the LD number and syntax I would use to accomplish this? I dont do a lot of phone system work, I'm a Network Admin by trade.

THANK YOU!

In Ld 21
PRT cdb
THis will give you a lot of information look in there for NIT1 etc.
To make changes you go to LD 15. I would highly suggest you look around for the manuals, or at very least search this forum for links by GHTROUT to the manuals. When you see it in writing, you will see it is very easy to accomplish.

OK I was able to add the NIT2 and NIT3 designations which allowed me to forward to another DN internally. is there a a calendar setting for weeekends?

it looks like this so far and seems to be working but I am unsure if this is a 7 day a week schedule? I would like to just have NIT1 active on the weekneds.

NIT1 5245
TIM1 00 00
NIT2 7822
TIM2 09 00
NIT3 5245
TIM3 17 00

What many people do is make one NIT number, but have the voice service (CallPilup) Time of Day/Day of Week perform the scheduling. In other words, from 08-17 one menu answers that has a zero out of "x" and other times another menu answers that has a zero out of "y"

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

That sounds much cleaner, it also seems that I would be able to add a zero out of "Z" for when Y is out sick/vacation, correct?

Forgive my ignorance but where and how might I set this up? if you could point me to a certain set of manuals or a link to a similar post I would really apprecaite it.

BTW thank you for the excellent info provided in your links. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back