Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a new record to a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambersd12

Technical User
May 25, 2011
US
So I'm trying to add a new record to a table and have it appear in my query. I've added it to my table, but when I use my query the record doesn't show. I've tried to update my query, but because I'm using the *, it won't. I have no idea what to do.

post your query and table structure

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work

This is my query:
SELECT [HMBA B101, 25C].[Metal OS], [HMBA B101, 25C].*, [HMBA B102,25C].*, [HMBA B103, 25C].*, [HMBA B104, 25C].*
FROM (([HMBA B101, 25C] INNER JOIN [HMBA B102, 25C] ON [HMBA B101, 25C].[Metal OS]=[HMBA B102, 25C].[Metal OS]) INNER JOIN [HMBA B103, 25C] ON ([HMBA B101, 25C].[Metal OS]=[HMBA B103, 25C].[Metal OS]) AND
([HMBA B102, 25C].[Metal OS]=[HMBA B103, 25C].[Metal OS])) INNER JOIN [HMBA B104, 25C] ON ([HMBA B102, 25C].[Metal OS]=[HMBA B104,
25C].[Metal OS]) AND ([HMBA B103, 25C].[Metal OS]=[HMBA B104, 25C].[Metal OS]) AND ([HMBA B101, 25C].[Metal OS]=[HMBA B104, 25C].[Metal OS])
WHERE ((([HMBA B101, 25C].[Metal OS])=[Specify Metal(OS)]));

I made my tables in excel and I'm not sure how to post them, but its a 59x9 table, with text or numbers as fields.

I had to ask :)

because of the joins and a where clause does your data match this criteria? I suspect not which is why it isnt displayed. Possibly someone else may want to wade in on this one :).

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work

Yes [Metal OS] is my primary key.

So are you saying that if I want to add a new metal, I need to add one to every table in the query, even if there isn't data for that metal? Or are you saying that because I don't have every column filled access won't except it as a new "record"?

What criteria is my data suppose to match? I've made all my columns the same type of "fields," and I clicked the "data validation" button.

perhaps your join should be left joins

I got it to work :D Thanks for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back