Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a hyperlink to an e-mail that will open an Access form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledmark

Technical User
Apr 26, 2011
US
Hello - I have a form for sales people that contains a field where a follow-up call date is entered. When this date is entered it generates an e-mail and sends it to the sales person reminding them to call the client. I would like to create a hyperlink to place in the email that will open the Client Information form and display a specific record, based on the ProjectID. Is this possible? What I want is to include in the content of the e-mail a link specific to the ProjectID that will allow the sales person to click on it and it will open the database and take them to the specific record. Let me also include the coding that send the e-mail message to outlook - can the hyperlink and coding associated with it be put into the already existing coding? If so please be specific as to where I should put it:

Private Sub FUDateContacted_AfterUpdate()

Dim appOutLook As Object
Dim MailOutLook As Object

Set appOutLook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set MailOutLook = appOutLook.CreateItem(olMailItem)

With MailOutLook
.To = Me.EmailRecipient 'get the recipient from the form
.Subject = "Project ID:" & Me.ID & ", Street Ref: " & Me.ClientStreet 'get the street and ID from the form
.body = "This is a reminder that you need to make a follow up call to the address in the Subject line today." (Can the hyperlink be put into this content to open the form?)
.DeferredDeliveryTime = Me.FUDateContacted 'get the date from the form

.Send
End With

Set appOutLook = Nothing
Set MailOutLook = Nothing

End Sub

Again - thanks tons for any help!

Laura

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Have you thought about creating a report and printing that specific report to Adobe and then linking it to the Adobe document in a shared folder?

How do I make a report based on the ProjectID in the reminder e-mail? I don't know how to get the hyperlink in the body of the e-mail?

look at the microsoft site

I have code from them that populates the data in a word form and then prints it.

But I also have when the document is closed it put the datea in and email and sends to a preset email address

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back