Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Field to an existing Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahA

Technical User
Jun 13, 2000
CA
www.waterbedandfuton.com
Hi All,<br><br>I'm using a Shopping Cart Application for my web site.<br>StoreFront2k.<br><br>Recently, I signed up with a Payment Processor for 'real-time' Creditcard processing, that is a Non-Supported processor by StoreFront.<br><br>I have to add my processor to the drop down box in my Transaction_Method field in my StoreFront Administration under Transaction.<br><br>I have Access 2k and according to StoreFront, I have to add this field in Access.<br><br>Can anyone tell me 'how' I would do this? I really am not sure and any help is greatly appreciated.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Best Regards, Deborah

Open Access<br>open the database (.MDB file)<br>Click the Tables TAB (top option)<br>find the Table you want to add a field to.<br>highlight it.<br>click the design button. (above the tables list)<br>then add your field to the bottom of the list<br>click &quot;File&quot; menu then Save <br>close your table.<br>and that's it<br><br>Now to get help about adding fields click &quot;Help&quot; menu then the top option look in the list of items at the bottom one it should say &quot;Add or manipulate fields&quot;<br><br>Open your table in design view again<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back