Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a Field to a Screenset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomes1

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
I'm trying to add a field to our Order Entry screen and I seem to be having some difficulty. The field I'm trying to add is user defined field 5,,,,the reason is I want to add a field where the sales people can enter notes that will only show up on our product labels for things the customers need on these labels,,,Well after adding this field and going to the screen I'm unable to enter any data,,,any ideas??

I beleive you have to add the button for the User_Defined fields, then you can enter the data. There is a limmit on how many things can be controlled on the windows, so the button opens a new form (containing the all 5 fields).
Someone may correct me, but it has always worked, and I beleive our cobol program has told me that in the past.

There are 5 user defined fields in the order header, and 5 on the order line. You cannot enter data on the order line unless you ue the push button NEmacGuy mentioned.

If you added a single user defined field on the 2nd page of the order entry screen, then you added the header UDF, which is why you cannot enter data on it there.

HTH

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I got it to work,,,the problem was I was adding it to the second tab when appearently you can only add OEORDHDR fields to the 1'st tab and OEORDLIN fields to the second tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back