Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a domain in Sendmail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNUprogrammer1

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2006
US
I'm new to this whole Sendmail thing, but I have an ancient box inside our medical practice that is taking in all of our incoming email and bouncing it to our Exchange 2000 Server. We are going to do an office name change, which will also change our email names, so I need to add that domain to our Sendmail box (and remove the current one after a period of time). I'm just looking for any information on inspecting my current domain setup on Sendmail, as well as information on how to add another one. Let me know if you need any specifics on our overall network setup. Thanks a ton.

Extra info:

our current domain setup:

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
(short domain name) $w = linux-mail1
(canonical domain name) $j = linux-mail1.odorisio-networks.com
(subdomain name) $m = odorisio-networks.com
(node name) $k = linux-mail1.odorisio-networks.com
========================================================

One small problem is that i have no idea where "odorisio-networks.com" is located (maybe it's local?).
Somehow this domain above manages to pull emails that are for the "ossms.com" domain, and route them to our Exchange box, which then can be managed in Outlook. We are looking to add the domain "osc-ortho.com.

Depending on how old this server is, you should find a plain text file called /etc/mail/local-host-names. Edit that for all the domains you host mail for. To my knowledge, all the authentication is done on the exchange server so I don't think you have to do any thing else on the sendmail end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back