Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding a 4610 phone to definity

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirtywinter

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2006

I'm in the process of adding a 4610 IP phone to our Definity system and I gotta tell you, it kinda got me stumped at this point. I changed the type to 4610 in the station form and everything appears alright there.
I also set up a TFTP server and got the files I think I need. (the .scr file, the custom .txt file and two binary files I forget the names of) Phone locates this phones and loads them fine, but for some reason it cannot connect with the media server.

I've never dealt with IP phones before so this is all kinda new to me. I am assuming that the CallSV (Or was it voiceSV? I forget) is asking for the ip for the primary media server right?? When the phone boots up it will go through the cycle untill it displays "Discover xxx.xxx.xxx.xx" (where the xxx.xxx.xxx.xx is the IP to the primary media server)

Is this incorrect? Any suggestions would be appreciated at this point.

Thank you.

CallSv is actually the CLAN you wish to act as the controller for that IP phone. Not the server IP addy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back