Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding a 412 tdl card to exisitng system 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manersj

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
US
my friend was going to talk me through adding a 412 tdl card to and existing systme but due to a family emegency had to go out of town can anyone tell me how to add the new cards he dropped off. this is a dual cabinet merlin magix 2.1 ver 8 second cabinet has a merlin messanger card and a 024 card in the second slot he said that the 491d1 power supply would handle two more cards for right now i only need the exts. to work. can anyone help me out.

The backup file on your memory (flash) card does not match the hardware you have in slot 8. Did you have a module there that you removed prior to your additions?? lg

no card was in that slot before. everything seems to work ok ive tried hooking up a phone and it works on both cards is there a way to change the ext numbers one at a time so that some can be in the 3000 range thanks again
should i do a backup to the memory card and to a file again?

merlinman is leading you down the right path...only thing after you do Menu, SysProgram, Start/Exit, SystemRenumber, SINGLE, Extension, Enter Old Extension NNNN, Enter New NNNN, (I don't recommend block renumbering select single) then you can hit Enter to just renumber one extension but if you do Next instead of Enter after entering the new extension it will give the next extension number in order. e.g. If you enter old 7200 enter.....then dial 3000, next...7201 displays you dial 3001, next.....7202 displays you dial 3002, etc. when you get to the last one just hit Enter. Once you get kind of caught up then when you do a manual backup the alarm should clear itself. lg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back