Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding 3rd DTI w/ PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BagsNYC

Vendor
Sep 25, 2002
US
Has anyone had any experience with installing a third DTI card on a 6.1 Norstar? Are there known issues? Any stumbling blocks I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance..

Thanks Brian for the info..

Anyone have any real world stories to share on this type install?

The NT number for the required DTI is NT7B74AAAA

When using the third T1/PRI as incomming and outgoing there is a problem. The system has a tendency of slowing down. The 3rd T1 was designed to network 0x32 systems together and not as a regular T1/PRI. I had to take one out because of this and replace it with another type of system.

Richard S. McCranie
CoMatrix Southeast

One must cognizant of the fact that only the new DTI cards will work outside of the core KSU. The part number for this affair is NT7B74AAAA as opposed to the older NT7B74GA-93 cousins.

Employ caution whence compiling a configuration composit.

Thanks guys, I have the proper part number.

Donright,

Configuration Composit?

Right-O...he's a real wordsmith. I for one, appreciate his urbane lexicon.

bkrike, have any real world with this scenario?

Nope, sorry but two is my max so far. (he writes while feeling inadequate and ashamed.) [laughtears]

make sure your 6.1 is 6.1MR ... software released after apr 2004. that fixed a set of problems relating to off-core DTI.

the DTI's can be used for anything (CO or pvt tie lines)

senks1s, thanks for the info.

bkrike, no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back