Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding 2nd mail domain to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsears

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
GB
Got SBS 2003, want to configure a second domain to receive mail. .co.uk is already done and fine and want to receive mail to the .com domain. The MX records point to my server etc but the mails bounce back unknown domain. The name@domain.com is against the user, the domain has been added to the policy and to Global settings, Internet message format. Any ideas ?

You need to create or modify a recipient policy to add smtp addresses for the new domain.

That has also been done, I can't see whay it is happening

Just curious which mails are bouncing back? Are they from the internal mail clients or from external clients?

Do you get to your Exchange box if from an external computer you telnet to the new domain at port 25, eg
telnet domain.com 25

Claudius (What certifications??)

I can send mail internally to the .com domain that is fine. I can't telnet to the exchange but that may be due to telnet being blocked on the firewall.

Kinda sounds like a dns problem. Have you done a MX lookup from the outside to make sure? ((just in case.....I use for that. On the right hand side of the page there is a DNS lookup option. Change the type to MX and put in your domain.))

I have now resolved mine thanks for the responses. It was due to the MX records IP address needed a . at the end of the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back