Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Addiing a sub menu in IP Office Standard Mode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beatlesfan1

Programmer
Mar 25, 2009
US

Good day all, I have slight knowledge of the IP Office system, that has been thrust upon me.

We have an existing Auto Attendant, that they want to re-record and add a sub menu; I have created the sub menu "Student Services" and it looks like it was assigned in the Menu options *8406 for the greeting code; but the drop down for the menu options does not show me the new AA I created.

So my question is how do I get the sub menu to show in the menu options so that I can record a greeting for it? (See attached)

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=a081645e-c76f-47c7-aa31-e3140fa33aaf&file=Capture.JPG
use *8406 and from main auto attd have a selector code that transfers to the new auto attd

You need to go to actions in the first( main menu)
Then from there against the option -select Autoattentant-then from the dropdown menu select Student services
Example: main menu
1- transfer- reception
2- transfer autoattendant- student services
3 - extn 224

So option 2 will look for an autoattentant called Student services.

Now in student services you then need to select the Action options depending on what the incoming caller will press.

*8406 will permit you to record the new Student Services AA menu.

I'm assuming you want this Student Services AA to be a submenu of some other AA, let's call it Main.

You need to choose one of the keys on Main to be a 'transfer to Autoattendant", and then choose the new Student Services AA from the drop down.

Then you would need to dial what *840x code is required to re-record the main menu (look at the Main AA screen, same as the screenshot you posted, but the *840x code will be different), to add this student services AA as an option to be pressed.

If this doesn't make sense, hire someone who knows what they're doing.

GB

Man Greybeard, your conclusion was a little harsh...

I believe I have all the steps in place, but the user (who is 3000 miles away) is telling me the *8406 is not working.
They were able to re-record the main greeting, but for some reason cannot record the sub-menu greeting.

Thank you all for your insight.

In the AA page is it TICKED to allow LOCAL RECORDING..
if not then they won't be able to change it

Oops..just looked at the picture you sent. It is ticked so ignore this..unless it's been unticked afterwards..best to check it again.

Beatlesfan... This forum is intended for professional IPO techs to bounce ideas/problems off of eachother. It is NOT intended for an end user customer to get free help. While some people here might give it to you anyway, the majority of us make a living doing this stuff and do not want to give it away for free. As someone in business, I'm sure you can see why. That's all Greybeard was trying to say(along with giving you an answer to your question).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back