Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Yahoo Account to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSIsam

Programmer
Sep 29, 2003
US
Can I add a Yahoo email account to my Outlook application?
I tried and I get the following error:

Task ' Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'

Any Ideas on why this happened?

Thanks for your response. I corrected the server and now get the following error:

Task 'Yahoo: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80070057) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'

Any Idea on how to fix?

Do you have a free yahoo account or a paid yahoo account? The free accounts can not be directly accessed via pop3.

It's the free account but in the Outlook application, there is a selection of HTML based email as an alternative to POP mail. Does the HTML based account still have to be a POP account?

Actually it can be done. To do this you need Pop access and forwarding. It cost money though. It is called Mail Plus. Under your Mail Options in your yahoo mail you will see this option.

Mail Plus
Get virus cleaning provided by Norton AntiVirus™, no graphical ads, personalized spam filtering with SpamGuard Plus, 2GB storage, POP access and forwarding, and more great features for just $19.99/year - that's less than $2/month.

I hope this helps
Art

oops sorry smah kind of covered this :) I had this thread opened and left for a bit before posting and did not see his post

I said that yahoo's free account can not be directly accessed..... you can however, use something like ypops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back