Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add www to web adress automatically 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
See thread41-960513

Chip H.

chip h.

I saw it after I posted, but in the http header section, I see header name and header value, what do i put where?

you need to add host header for anydomain.com on or you can create seperate domain anydomain.com on same server and redirect it to
or you can use below code as default document (but u should have anydomain.com host entry or seperate setup)

host = lcase(request.servervariables("HTTP_HOST"))
SELECT CASE host
CASE "sachin.com"
response.redirect " CASE "localdb.com"
response.redirect " CASE "dundasmail.com"
response.redirect " CASE "dundasupload.com"
response.redirect " CASE ELSE
response.redirect " END SELECT

ok, i got it working on my internal dns(windows 2000),but my external dns still isn't working.

zone file entry is

www. A ip

do i have to add something else.

If your resolves to the same address as domain.com then you don't need to use the a browser always tries to connect on port 80 first.

Check your dns setup on your outside DNS server - nslookup domain.com, nslookup - if they match then you shouldn't have a problem.

castro66,

that was it exactly, the outside dns didnt have an entry for domain.com just the i added domain.com with the ip of boom it worked. thanks

This is really pretty simple.

1.) Make sure you have a DNS entry for yourdomain.com in DNS

2.) In IIS
- Right mouse click on the site
- Properties
- From the "Web Site" tab click on the Advanced button
- In the top box "Multiple Identities", click "Add", select your IP for this site, your port (80) and enter your root domain yourdomain.com.
- Click "OK","OK","OK" and you're ready.

We do this all of the time. You can use any fully qualified domain in he host header. It doesn't have to be the same domain (eg. fredflintstone.com/fred-flintstone.com)

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back