Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add VDN name to Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

dose

Technical User
Feb 3, 2006
FR
Hi All,

I'm looking for a tricky solution. I have two system with same version of ACM linked by IP Trunk.

I'm interesting to display in "Directory" people from the second system to first system.

I know there is Special Option on Avaya which is "Integrated Directory Service" to link both Directory but it cost monney :)

So the other solution is to set-up a LDAP directory on Avaya 4620, is already done but is longer than directory to search somebody and users and lazy :)

The other solution is to create an extension on first system with coverage path and send it to second ACM on right extension to be displayed on Directory of first ACM, but is too many programming I'm lazy and I don't like this solution but it's work.

The other solution is to create an extension to have name into directory, and add in Uniform Dial Plan to route call to second ACM, but is too bad.

The other solution that I prefer is to set-up a VDN with Variable V1 configurate with extension of second ACM then route to vector with command below:

Route-to number V1 with cov n if unconditionally.

The problem is that VDN can't appears in Directory, but I prefer to use this solution.

So if somebody has an idea to display a NAME which point to a VDN into directory it could be great !

Thanks a lot in advance.

CONSTANTIN Cyril
Telecom Expert
Engineer Avaya
France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back