Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add totals from different subforms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmeizie

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
I have a database where I keep track of items registered by individuals. The database keeps track of each day the person comes into register items. Each day the person comes in, they can register one or more items. So basically i have a form with a subform that contains a subform. I can get the count of how many days they have come in to register items just fine. The problem is that I want a complete total of how many items they have registered. Basically I need to have the items that were registered on each day totalled together so i can put it on a form. Say for instance Joe comes in on 4 different days and registers 4, 5, 2, and 6 items respectively. I need to be able to show that Joe has registered 17 items all together. Please help!!!

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

in the subform footer have a text box which sums up the items, the control source should be =Sum([items])

Call this text box TotalItems

Then in the main form have a text box which points to the text box in the subform the control source should be =[YourSubForm].Form!TotalItems

Hope this helps
Jimmy

Close to working but not quite.

My form is set up like this:

Person Entry form --> Main form (Personal Information)
History/Permit Check form --> Subform 1 (Day they came in and whether permit is issue to purchase items)
Item Entry Form --> Sub Subform(Subform 2 within subform 1)(Items bought and Safety Inspected).

So basically Joe comes in on a certain day and applies for a permit to purchase items. The permit is approved or denied. If the permit is approved Joe can purchase as many items as he wants within 10 days. After Joe buys these items he has to have them inspected before he can use them.

So if Joe came in on two different days he can register at least two items but i need the recordcount from day 1 and day 2 to total.

If I take a peek in your Windows, to fix a problem, does that make me a "Peeping Tom"? Hmmmmmmmmmmv [pc1][shocked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back