Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add/Remove Programs... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoser337

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
CA
When I open the "Add/Remove Programs" in control panel, only a few programs appear at the top of the list when sorted by name...yet the scroll bar is very small making it look like the list is large (as it should be), but no matter how long I wait, I don't get the complete list...at the top. There is a long long gap in the list and if I scroll to the bottom, the rest of the programs are there. If I sort by "Frequency of Use" I get a longer list...but everything is not there. This is weird. Anyone else seen this, and/or have a solution? Thanks!!

The long long long gaps of white space are caused by a registry error in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

This program usually helps:
Also read the Blog that is linked on the site. If the program above doesn't fix the problem, you will learn enough to fix it manually by editing the registry.

Frank4d....that little program worked like a charm!! Wish I could give you 2 stars! Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back