Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add/Remove Programs problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkcg

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
US
When I open Add/Remove Programs, the box where the programs should be displayed shows "No programs are installed on this computer", but if you scroll down, every program I have installed is listed. I can't uninstall anything right now, because everything is the list is disabled. I am sure there is something in the registry causing this, but for the life of me don't know what. Thanks for your help!!

Hawk

Are you on a network? You may not have permissions to do this. Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Yes, it's on a network. No it is not a policy problem. This is my personal laptop. Everything worked fine until about a week ago, but I can't remember what I might have chenged to make it not work.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'm trying to fix this without formatting.

Try re-installing Internet Explorer. I had a similar problem, when I clicked on ADD/Remove nothing happened. I re-installed IE and it fixed it...don't ask how or why!

I had the same problem after installing some shareware and I ended up having to reinstall the os on top of itself to finally fix it. You will not need to reinstall any programs you have installed already. At least in my case I didnt have to.

Well, I did install the OS on top of itself, which only made the problem worse. It was time for a reformat and reinstall anyway. Too much shareware junk. Thanks for everyone's help.

Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back