Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add References Dialog box - .dll files not displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillianm1

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
IE
I am browsing files from the References dialog box except .dll files are not being displayed so I can't reference them. There are being displayed in Explorer so the hidden attribute is turned off. Does anyone know how I can force these files to be displayed in the Browse option of References?

Thanks for any help.

Thanks but I have them displayed now.
I tried to reference comdlg32.dll but get a message "can't add a reference to the specified file".
If I try to register comdlg32.dll I get an error message concerning the DllRegisterServer entry point not being found and that my file may be corrupt. I've found out that if the file isn't a COM dll then I can't register it. I don't think it is a COM dll as DllRegisterServer doesn't appear in the files export table.
I think the next step might be to reinstall VB in case the file is corrupt. Otherwise I could use the Declare statement to refer to the dll instead of referencing it. The only problem is I don't know what functions to declare. This problem is neverending........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back