Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add "Templates" item to Word menu bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chansen

Programmer
May 29, 2001
CA
My coworker used to have an extra item "Templates" on their MS Word 97 menu bar (beside File...Edit...View...etc.). The dropdown listed document template (.dot) files, and an option to add shortcuts to template files to the list. She could just point to Templates->???.dot to open a new document based on that template, rather than Open->New->etc...

Upon upgrading to Office 2000, the "Template" option on the menu bar is gone. It was put there by the person who occupied her desk before her.

Anyone know what MS Word option would produce this? The closest utility to produce this funtionality is PRIME for Word 2000, but the shareware version is gone, and thay want $50 to mail you a CD. Besides, I don't think this is exactly what was installed before.

How can I add this "Templates" dropdown list again?

Regards,
Craig

Thanks for the replies, though I had found both articles earlier.

I know I can add the menu item "Templates" by the method described in your second link.

But how do I give the user the option to add template files to this list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back