Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Novell Server to Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2003
US
I am currently setting up a Windows 2000 server Domain Controller.
There is a Novell Server currently on the network. I want to add this server to the Domain Controller and let it be a member of the domain.

Question:
What steps do I need to take to add this to the Domain Controller and allow this Novell Server continue to provide its' current functions?

Thanking you in advance.

Hank

You might want to ask the Novell forum. They are the ones that should know.

Bonehead569, thanks for the suggestion.

Forgive me if I'm ever out of order. This was the first time that I've used this forum and I am still learning from all of my fellow IT professionals.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hank

How can be a Novell Server member of a Windows domain??

There is a notion of integration of these two systems. Things that will help you having single sign on when accessing resources. Also there is an NDS eDirectory for Windows. This indeed is unifying all under the NDS of Novell.
Also there are solutions for setting a communication between two directories (so you will be able to use then single sign on).

But first of all you need to define the requirements. What do you want?

Gia Betiu
gia@almondeyes.net
Computer Eng. CNE 4, CNE 5, MCSE Win2K
new: (just started)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back