Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add new versiong using the standard workflow steps 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2011
PT
hello,

I have a document somewhere on my CS repository. This document has an id attribute that identifies the document from all the others. The version of this document is version one.

In a workflow process, using for instance the item handler step (or any other step from the standard package), is it possible to create another version of this document knowing only the id attribute of the document?

This attribute would be sent to the workflow using a workflow attribute, and the workflow would find and create a new versioning of the document automatically (without user interaction).

thank you

fwu

Not with OOB tools you have as you can imagine your requirement is what programmers code like in event scripts,but since livelink workflow is very popular several commercial business packages exists like GCI,Webreports ,XML WF Ext ,Supai.They will allow you to do business level logic rather than actual coding in livelink and traslate that to livelink code.If you knew eventscripts it would possibly be a half day job to a oscripter.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hell appnair,

but as far as I understand to create eventscripts, I need to have the sdk module, right?

thank you

to write anything oscript you need the SDK.SDK is a general term that contains lapi,and the builder program.Builder is what you install on any livelink instance and develop the script.Once your eventscript shrinkwrapped in a custommodule is developed you will put it on any other livelink that need them.I did not want you to think that builder needs to be on any machine.Several eventscript primers exist if you are inclined to go that way.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

As AppNair states, you will need to develop this functionality using the Builder, but it does not mean that YOU will need to buy and then learn the tool, as there are many partners and individuals who will do the work for you instead as another option.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back