Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add new line on Nortel Norstar Plus Compact ICS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerfly66

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I'm pretty comfortable programming Norstar but have never added a card or line before. I'm dealing with a Nortel Norstar Plus Compact ICS, SP: 30CEE02 NAT

It had 1 NNTM845589OU NT5B41GB-93, Release 03 2000/06/20 with 4 lines.
Customer added a business line but had no room left on that card so I added 1 NNTM8455GOYE NT5B41GB-93. Release 03 2000/10/17.

Line isn't being detected. What line should it show up on? Also could there be licensing issues where adding this card would require license?

Appreciate any help I can get here.

If it's not 25 - the software could be old 4x8 restricted software.

Mike P.
flafoneguy

Is it close to beer:30 yet?

Some times I need to go into programing, hardware, cards on ksu, and check to make sure the card is in software correctly. Sometimes I need to go into maintence and disable and enable the card. You can try rolling the cards, power off the switch, swap cards and power on the switch. That will tell you if the card is bad or not.

Verify your SP code
30CEE02 NAT
is not listed

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I see it on my list guys:

CE=CICS 6.0 STD IRAD-OFF (S)(8X16/24) E02

So its configured as Software 6.0 and 8 lines & 16 sets

So indeed lines 5 to 8 are Lines 025 to 028 in programming.

Also check any bent pins on the back plane inside the CICS if Hardware shows ok.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

It's showing as lines 31-34 in programming. Line 025 nowhere to be seen. If it is the "old 4x8 restricted software', what do I do? Is an upgrade possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back