Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Member feature in Yahoo Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarzanaSaleem

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
PK
I made a Yahoo Group on groups.yahoo.com website. Membership Type for the group is Restricted. I invited students to join the group.

Some students are new to Yahoo Groups so they were not able to subscribe to group. Now I planned to add them myself.

But when I clicked Members link, I found the following options:
Invite Members
Ban Members
Remove Members

I did not find Add Members link. I am the owner of the group.

I checked Yahoo help for How to Add Members and found the following process:

Go to the Members area.
Click Add Members.
Enter your email addresses of the people you would like to invite to your group.
Click the Continue button.
Review the list of email addresses to be added. If you'd like to edit it, click on the Edit button. If you'd like to continue, click on the Continue button.
You may add 10 addresses per day

But in my case, Add Members link is not available.

I'm not really sure, but "Invite" should do the same task as "Add"

----------------------------------------

Everybody has the right to be stupid -- but some people abuse the privilege. (a quote from Stalin - and I am one of the abusers, sometimes...)
----------------------------------------
Experienced in the IT-chaos since 1984...

Thanks

In my opinion, Invite and Add are not same. When you invite members, members are required to accept the invitation through email or through yahoo group website. But when you add members, members are added to the group without any need of acceptance from members.

invite/add worked for me:

Did you see the Add Member link on your group or just Invite Member or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back