Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Local Printer Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dberg35

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2006
US
I am trying to add a printer to my Terminal Server via a local port, which is nothing new to my server. This printer use to work on the server but stopped so I deleted it and not I can not ad it again. The error message I keep getting is this
"not enough server storage is available to process this command"
Any insight would be great!!

any details on what OS and hardware you are running would help me out.

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

W2k3 Server on a Dell PowerEdge 2800. The printer is an HP Deskjet 5600 series

Try stopping and restarting the Print Spooler service (if you can without causing too much disruption). Then attempt a reinstall.

If that does not work, try stopping the print spooler, delete the print driver files in the spool folder (ensuring you only delete those files associated with that driver). Restart spooler and re-add printer.

Already did that and restarted the server

Server has over 2 gigs and I was able to add another printer today but not this one.

check on HP's website to see if there is a driver uninstall utility. use this to remove the printer from the system and then re-install it.

just out of interest, have you tried installing it on another system? what account are you using the log onto the server with to install the printer?>

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

This happens on both servers 2003 & 2000 and I have uninstalled the drivers. I the only thing I havn't done yet was remove that pc from the domain and re-join it.

hmmmm. can you install this printer ona win xp pro PC?

The Collective known as
The UK Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back