Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Link to Site Failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdpayne

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2006
US
Our sharepoint portal was running fine until about 2 weeks ago when the portal admin ran the latest Win 2003 udpates to the server. Now, while everything else seems to be working fine, we are unable to add a link to a new site. The sites are getting created, we can manually browse to the site and create a template, but when we attempt to add a link to the site for all users to see it, we get no response back from the server, the link times out, and we see no link on the main portal page.

Has anyone seen this before? Please forgive the basic nature of this post as I am not the sharepoint admin yet I've been asked to run this issue down... Thank you.

After creating a site just browse away from the add site page don't open the add site page.

Instead click on "Manage sites" in the actions list.

Customise the view "Edit View" so that it includes the URL field Title and URL are default required fields (and any other required fields if you have added more).

Then use "Edit in Datasheet" to add your sites to Sharepoint Portal

My quick fix - uninstall Server 2003 SP 2 on that particular server. Yes, it is not a good solution, but it worked until I can get more from Microsoft than "we are are of the issue"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back