Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add line appearance on M2250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattleguy

Technical User
Jun 25, 2013
US
Hi, i am a Nortel tech. I guess that i should be listed as a programmer? Sorry i cant seem to find out how to chg that.
I have been doing Norstar work for a long time, also being certified on the option 11 through 81...... but haven't gotten to work on them much.
I am now doing mac work for a hotel with an opt 81. I have looked in the ntp's and online unsuccessfully.
The operator who answers the m2250 console when 0 is dialed would like her own extension that she could give out and receive vm's on.
My lack of experience or knowledge is, i'm not sure how to determine that tn, i know there is ld-12 and ld-31 but couldn't figure it out.
And can u build like a phantom tn just for her without building a whole tn for a telephone?
I was looking at it like a digital phone (2616) thinking hoping that i could add a line appearance...... like build her a dn then add it to a key....... but i got stuck right off when in ld 12 it asked for the tn and couldn't provide that. I did a prt, 2250 but it listed multiple 2250's. They all had different anum's.
They called me from the console and it said "0-2" in my switch room phone display. Would that be the "anum"? Does 0-2 mean anum 2?
There may be a much easier way.
Thank u very much !!

Attendants and extensions are two very different things. There is no "voice mail" for the attendant(s). If she wants her own extension with voice mail, then it has to be done on a different phone and not on the 2250.

I was thinking maybe i could build her an ext. and add it to the line appearance on the 2250 console.

But thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back