Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add IPSI 8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktripp

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
I'm trying to add a second IPSI card to our 8500/CM5.2.1. Yes, I know that I still have a single server. Just trying to mitigate IPSI card failures as well as switch/network failures.

I have the second IPSI physically installed and have an IP on it, pingable. It's in a G650 cabinet/slot C1. But I can't seem to get it to recognized in the system. I can see it when doing a list config all, but can't see it in the GUI - ipsi version - query all.

I asked a Avaya tech, and he said it could be done. So either he was mis-informed, or I a missing a step.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

I think I spoke too soon.

When I do a list ipser it shows them as a active and standby. The new card shows a health bad for the packet interface. Does anyone know what this means?

You probably have not set up the speed/duplex to match.

Have you locked the IPSI to 100F, and also locked the port it connects to on the LAN switch to 100F as well?

there are IPSI commands to do that, when you telnet to the IPSI and login.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

To Mitch672:
Highjacking this thread a little. I found this diagram from your Feb 20th post useful for what I am trying to figure out.

"S8500C"
That is what the back of my server looks like. I am trying to figure out which port is Ethernet 0, Ethernet 1, etc. That is what my server configuration looks like:
1. Control Network A Ethernet 0
2. Services Port Ethernet 1
3. Internal RMB Port Ethernet 2
4. Control Network A Ethernet 3
5. Corporate LAN Ethernet 4

I need to connect the 1, 2, 3, 4 labels in the diagram to the Ethernet 0, 1, etc.

Any help?
Jennifer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back