Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add ip phone to md110 bc 10 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh4aka

Technical User
Sep 8, 2006
AT
sorry about my simple questions,
i'm looking for general howto's about ip phones
now i'm working with the dna-suite and i'm not
very happy about it :-(
TTY commands are needed for
e.g. assign ip phone address to extension, etc.
thanx

Hello,
You can not define IP Phone to MD110 BC10.The MD version must be at least BC11.
Regards

sorry, that's correct the vers. is bc11 and the phones are ericsson dialog 3413, i have 10.x.x.x net working with 20 phones and i like to expand it, i created a new extension - but i found no way with dna suite to assign ip to extension

IP extension is definded in the phone itself, you can't do this from DNA...

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

e.g. phone has 10.10.10.34, with dna i have created an extension 4711 so where where have i to declare the assignment ? if it's a "normal" phone in the dna suite i have a field for the lim / equ selection, if you select at this point "ip phone" this field is greyed out. i knew it's in my case lim 2 ...

Hi gh4aka

IPphone must be declared as Generic extension in the MD110 prios to be assigned as IP extension.
This mean that you must initiate a number with a CSP in a LIM with the command GEDII.
Then after you indicate that the generic Extension is an Ipphone by the command IPEXI.
You cannot specify the assignement in the MD.
MD just do the relation between a number and a H323 extention that log in the ELU32.
The ELU32 is declared with the command IPBOI and you specify in that command which IP adress/mask/router the board has.
Then you can indicate to your phone which Gatekeeper(ELU32) IP adress it should point to register whith which number.
ELU32 receive the Gatekeeper request with the number; it passes the information to the IPLP PU that checks if this number exist and which CSP it has.
If the registration is successfull, then the IPPhone is regaistered and can make/receive calls.

BUT DNA handle only the Generic/IPEXI declaration part.
The ELU32 part is a general MD configuration that is not handle by DNA.
The Ipphone configuration can be made by hand on the phone or via a Webserver that handle automatically the configuration process.
The registration process is done on the IPPhone; like you login on your PC, you login on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back