Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
GB
I am looking for the link table manager-anyone got it that can let me have it? Cheers chickeys

Hi!
Go to Tools->Database Utilities->Link Table Manager. If you don't see it, probably you have not installed MS Access completely. Then, You should install it again and choose the option "Complete".
Olaf4

thanks to you both; the code is useful and thanks but I am concerned that I cannot install any add ins anyway. My add in manager menu is blank, and I have reinstalled office; it gives me three options; REPAIR CURRENT INSTALLATION; REINSTALL; REMOVE. There is no INSTALL COMPLETE feature. Any ideas?

Sorry guys but can anyone help with this? I am getting desperate! Thanks in anticipation!

Ok. Again. You have to uninstall Office completely. Then Re-install it. Choose the option "Custom" or "Customize" (I don't remember), then when you see the Office Application-tree (each application has a little arrow), choose from the most up level "Run all from my Computer" to get installed all tools and all wizards.
There is no problem uninstalling Office. You will not lose any personal file.

Olaf-I have already tried that and it still isn't giving me any add-ins!

I am getting the following error message - Microsoft access can’t find the wizard or there is a syntax error in the declarations section of a visual basic module. The wizard may be missing from the libraries key of the Microsoft access section of the windows registry. To make sure that the wizard is in the windows registry run setup to reintall Microsoft access and then compile all vb modules in the database.

I have got all the add ins in excel but this has got me baffled. how do I do this "compile all vb modules in the database"?

To compile:
-open an module
-select Debug|Compile...
This should alert you if you have any errors in your code or problems with your references.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

done this on an existing dbase and it hasn't shown any errors or given me any add ins! Step by step instructions would help-thanks guys

I just went to google and did a search on "access can’t find the wizard" and got almost 5000 hits. Since you didn't provide your version of Access, operating system, or other information, I can't narrow this down for you further.

Duane
MS Access MVP

I am on access 2000-u r a star! thank you from the heart of my bottom

I assume you have found or know where to look. I would rather not do your research for you ;-). If I knew the exact answer, I would provide it.

Duane
MS Access MVP

ok-fair point!!!!! off I go to do me own research!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back