Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add inbox for different DN in CP desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2003
US
Is it possible to add a second inbox for another voicemail box to the desktop client for Call Pilot 2.01? I am looking for the ability for an Admin Assistant to not only monitor her own voicemail, but to manage her bosses voicemails as well (same idea as she currently has in Outlook where she sees her personal emails and can see her bosses emails.).

thank you.

after deleting the bosses voice mail, that would give the pa complete control over both boxes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

But when I try to add a "new email account" in Outlook and then select the Call Pilot server, it gives me the message THIS ACCOUNT OR DIRECTORY TYPE ALREADY EXISTS AND CANNOT BE SPECIFIED TWICE. and that's it. I'm trying to add it as a "3rd Party Server" in Outlook.

remove the bosses mb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My utlitmate goal is for several people to view voicemails for a group voicemail box while still giving them the ability have their own personal voicemails displayed as well.

does that make sense? I may not have been clear enough in my original question..it's a tough one to explain in this format. :) Sorry. thanks.

since each mailbox forwards to an email account there can only be one address per account. not sure about that one

your right about the accounts but if the boss wants to have a shared mb, someone else can manage that account from their desktop...some of the upper levels here don't manage thier email or vmail accounts

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My tech is thinking that we might be able to set up a second vm on the desktop through the IMAP settings. However, I found some Nortel documentation that says multiple mailboxes can only be set up in OUTLOOK EXPRESS not regular Outlook. If anyone else has experimented with this please let me know.

It might have something to do with Microsoft exchange server - Outlook Express works different than Outlook. IMAP is used for Call Pilot desktop in Outlook Express (IMAP allows for more than one vm box set up), but MAPI is used when using Outlook and only alows for one vm account.

Thanks for everyone's input!
this is an excellent board with people who,very often, know more than my vendor! [wink]

Colleen.
[peace]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back