Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add image to word document with FSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatishPutcha

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
IN
Hello Everybody,

I have to create a word document where I need to add a user selected image and then present the doc for download.

Till now only text was being added on-the-fly and it was quite a simple thing. But now am not sure how to add images?

How can I do that with FSO?

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Satish

Do you mean so that the image data is contained inside a .doc binary file?

Yes not a link to an external image which would show when the doc is opened.

The image should be contained(as you rightly said) in the doc file.

Regards,
Satish

You may have to do this using the Word ActiveX automation rather than using FSO. has some examples of doing Office Automation with Excel which should make a good starting point for you.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Yes. My webhost provides the Office Word Components v11 but I could not find any examples featuring word using them. If I can use that it would solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Satish

Try recording a macro in Word that does what you want. Then work from the code generated in the macro.

Steam Engine Prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back