Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add hunt group on 8x24 DR5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrobell

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
US
I am new to the Norstar systems (8x24 DR5.1), I would like to set up three extensions to hunt after a caller selects an option from the auto-attendant. I need to set up two patterns for two different auto att options.

Press 1 -> x284 -> x252 -> x290
Press 2 -> x252 -> x284 -> x290

The first two extensions on each pattern are working now (I believe by using the call forward no answer feature), I need to add the third point (x290) to each existing pattern.

I can not find any reference to extension hunt groups in the manuals.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mrobell

DR5.1 does not have hunt groups as an option You have to go and make forward no answer of the last dn that it goes to , the nest extension you want it to go to and set the amount of rings to how many times you want it to ring before it is forwarded to the next dn. keep in mind as you know v mail can complicate things

Hi there

I easiest way to do what you want to do is just add Answer DNs to the three phones tat you want to ring. Answer DN can be a non assigned extension, but please note it will take up a button on the phone, answer key appear above the intercom keys. If you ave voie mail here, make sure te call forward no answer and forward on busy is programmed properly. In Modular 8X24 there is no hnt groups. Should you need any more assistance just ask.
tech1958

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back