Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

add Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamsabeti

IS-IT--Management
Feb 26, 2008
Is there a way to add a folder when you opeing word or excel file. It is under "look in:" Kamran

When are you trying to add this folder?

Do you mean at the time of opening the .exe of "Word" itself, or do you mean immediately after clicking on a Word Document?

Anyway have you tried right-clicking on a blank area (wherever you are) and selecting "New" and "Folder", that works for me in any Open a file box? You can also Paste into the box.

If this some other type of question to do with the workings of Word or Excel you could try the Office Forum.

no I am talking about the area when you click open on word or excel or any other documents it is on the left site with mydocuments, networkplaces,desktop, my computer,... it is righ under the "looking" area.

No... not that I am aware off...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

I think that you can.

To the right of Look in: is the folder name.

Further to the right are a number of icons.

The icon that looks like a folder icon with a little star on it will enable you to create a folder.

It is the one to the right of the delete icon.

@pjw001 -
it is on the left site with mydocuments, networkplaces,desktop, my computer,...
There you can not without doing some major registry hacking...

the right side, the area you are describing, all you would need to do is right-click and choose NEW or do it the way you described...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

I am not going to touch the regsitery. May be wait for somw miracle from microsoft.

I'm not sure that I know where Kamsabeti is when he is trying to do this.

My suggestion is when Word is already loaded and, in Word, you click on File -> Open.

I cannot understand where he is when he wants to create a folder.

I believe he means this:
MS_20Word_20Open_20File_20Dialog_20for_20Normaldot_20_2D_20Modified.png

And he wants to add a new shortcut to the locations bar on the left.

And the only way I know to do that is using TweakUI.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back