Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add email body to a database using a script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

st3ph3n

Programmer
Sep 18, 2004
GB
Hi,

I'm struggling with some Exchange scripting. I imagine what I want to do is possible and if the code is VB/VBscript then I'll have no problem actually doing it. I can do what I want on the client-side, but that is of no use if the mailbox is not open on someone's desktop.

So where I'm stuck is - where do I start? I have no idea how to start a script and where to put said script on the server.

I've searched MSDN and other sources high and low, but every thing I've found seems to be half-explained or half-written.

Does anyone know a good beginners guide? Or can anyone help me by maybe giving me some example code. Something which checks messages when they arrive in a mailbox and maybe writes the subject or body to a text file. And of course where I should be putting the script itself on the server.

Once I get that far I'm damn sure I can write the rest.

Many many thanks.

Stephen

This article may help you:

As another suggestion, I know this is not what you're asking for exactly, but if you're not totally commited to reinventing the wheel you might want to have a look at this product:

It has a lot of functionality, but one thing it can do which is pretty neat is take E-mails based on complex rules and archive them to a database - it is a bit pricey though, but it has so much other functionality that it's quite neat.

Actually, I finally got there in the end.

I've got the tutorials I used at work. I'll post them tomorrow for others in my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back