Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Domain Admins to Administators group by Group Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
BE
All of our developpers are administrator of their own pc which give them the rights to remove the Domain Admins from the local Administrators group. I was wondering if it is possible to add the Domain Admins back to this local Adminsitrators group be using group policy or the Default Domain Policy.
We use lots of remote installation tools for updates and other but when the Domain Admins don't have sufficient permission you can't install the updates and/or other software.
Does anyone know where to find this policy or how to create it?

Thx,

Sense

Sense.

Is a standard policy. Called restricted groups - go into your policy enter widows settings / security settings / restricted groups... in here you can manually add your group to local administrators this will be enforced every time policy refreshes meaning even if they delet you again you will be put back in....

Nice, that works but I have come to a new problem now. How can I use the group policy to make sure that every user is still administrator of their own computer without including Domain Users. We don't want every Domain User to be adminstrator of every pc.

Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back