Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Datareport to Project Tab 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterWallace

Programmer
Apr 28, 2003
AU
I have had to put VB6 onto a new pc
On Old Machine I had ADD DataReport option on the Project Tab

I hav tried adding Component but only ones showing on Designers Tab are Data Environment and DTC Designer

Can any body Please advise How I can get the ADD DataReport Option onto Project tab as I have many Datareports in my varius programs and now can get to them and Cant copile any changes I Make to programs

Thanks in Advance

Peter

Did you also install SP6 for VB6?

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Project/Add File ...

Browse to Template/Projects folder. Select DATARPT.DSR

That should add the menu option, and should be retained between restarts.

Sorry have been slow replying ... But have had priorities changed by wife and children ...... and as I don't even get attention when I tell the canary what to do ....

Have loaded Sp6

Have done strongm Suggestion

I get a Datareport added to Designer as Datarpt.dsr and can mod and use it ... Can Rename and use browse method to Add another...

But It does Not add *Add Datareport* to the Project Tab

Thanks
Peter Wallace

>I hav tried adding Component but only ones showing on Designers Tab are Data Environment and DTC Designer

Are you sure on the Designer Tab the check box "Selected Items Only" is deactivated?

Have not been able to solve problem ... But thank you for the work round

Peter

Can you check whether you ahve the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\visual basic\6.0\Designers\{78E93846-85FD-11D0-8487-00A0C90DC8A9}

If not, try adding it.

(normal caveats about messing with the registry apply)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back